Friday, June 09, 2006

Shopping spree


I went on a bit of a shopping spree at Target yesterday, and it was very fun. I used the gift cards that I'd received to fill in some "holes" in my registry--pick up some things that I needed. The purchase that I was most excited about, of course, were some of the bins to put in my closet. It looks so cute!! I still need a few more for the left side, and some big ones for in the room (for diapers, toys, blankets, etc.), but I made a pretty good dent in it.

This is when I decided that babies need/have A LOT of stuff. Okay, maybe I shouldn't say need, because if I only had one sheet/blanket/bottle, I'd make do. But there are a lot of things that are nice to have with babies, like swings and bouncers and strollers and pacifiers, and I'm not really sure what we'd do without showers & gifts. I guess we just wouldn't have those things. I'm grateful to friends & family for helping our munchkin get off to a pretty good start in the material world :).

2 comments:

Sarah said...

i love getting things organized!

i know what you mean about how much stuff these tiny little lives need. it's kind of ridiculous. i go back and forth between lets just tone down the madness and get rid of it all - they can't possibly need this if it wasn't around 50 years ago, and wow - these modern conveinences really are nice aren't they?
:)

Joanne said...

YEAH it looks great and I love she already had duplos! Duplos ROCK