Monday, June 19, 2006

Grocery shopping

I had two thoughts as I wandered around doing my weekly grocery shopping.
1. How is it that in three short years I've forgotten how to cook for one person? I seriously found myself in the frozen food aisle looking at chicken pot pies, frozen pizzas, & fish sticks (I'll have you know I bought the fish sticks--good for the Omega-3 fatty acids. Or maybe it's Omega-6. Who knows). I guess I'm just too lazy to make myself fajitas or enchiladas or apparently spaghetti.
2. I miss paying California produce prices. Would you believe me if I told you that a watermelon here is between $4-$5? Cantaloupe was $3.75 for one. Strawberries & blueberries are $2 or $3 for a little basket. Am I just imagining when we used to pay 10 cents/pound for watermelon in Cali? Maybe I'm remembering wrong, but I sure do miss my summer fruits. I can't afford them at this point!

4 comments:

Joanne said...

Yep you remember correctly about the prices. I find it strange fruit is so expensive there. Also when your dad USED to work nights and I was home alone I would but chicken pies, and fish sticks! It's all good.

Sarah said...

i thought that i was getting old enough to reminisce about the good ol' days. i keep thinking everythingis getting so much more expensive. especially watermelons. are they really still 10 cents a pound in CA?

Anonymous said...

I know it's when thig are to axspensive. Like when a teleseope
is 148!

Karen

Anonymous said...

When I said thig I mant things.

Karen