Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Hypothesis

I have a theory--a hypothesis, if you will (Wendy & Pam, you can correct me, because I'm sure I'm taking some liberties with this word)--about having a baby. You see, I wonder if it can't be compared to getting married. I mean, there are obvious differences. But I also feel like there's a lot of build-up & preparation for both. Months of planning & buying & getting everything ready. Then the big day comes, and you realize that the only important thing is the end result (that we end up married/that we're both healthy). And then your life is never the same, and you're not quite as prepared as you thought, and there's a lot of trial and error. And you have someone who you'll love for the rest of your life for whom you would gladly give your own life. That's what I'm guessing, anyway.

6 comments:

The Kiesel's said...

That sounds about right to me. So much hype, and in the end it came down to moment when they handed Jack to me, and I looked down into this little face, and thought... You are mine forever. It was all about that moment. Nothing eles

Joanne said...

I concur. Then they move to Oregon, then LA and I don't mean Los Angeles!

Sarah said...

sounds about right to me too. when you're pregnant there's so much anticipation for the things that don't seem like such a big deal once you actually have the baby. same with marriage. engagement is all anticipation for the wedding (and the honeymoon) but that's such not what it turns out to be about.

i concur also.

Anonymous said...

does this mean we get to go to the Neon Spur again?

Wendy said...

I think that seems like a good hypothesis. You supported it with evidence and everything. Now I think that when you experience it that will be your experiment and you can see if you are right. I think it might be a little different for everyone, but it seems that the two are very much the same.

Pam said...

I see your point. Kind of a neat thought.