Saturday, June 03, 2006

Back on the juice

I'm covered in poison ivy (again). It's been about 9 months since my last steroid-worthy case, though, so I figured I was due. I'm not exactly sure where I got it, although I suspect perhaps it grows at church, and I met some during the Crawfish Boil. It started out this time looking more like hives of some sort, so I took plenty of Benadryl & Zyrtec, but this morning I noticed the telltale signs of poison ivy--even on my right eyelid, which is pretty puffy. The real reason of this post is not to gain sympathy, however. It is to celebrate the fact that I have an off-base OB who will call in steroid prescriptions for me. You see, I'd have to call and get authorization to go in to the ER if I went the regular-doctor route. And let's face it--this would not be triaged as any sort of emergency. So I'm glad that at 9am I can call my doctor's answering service, and be popping pills by 10:30. I'm secretly hoping my eye swelling will go down before my shower this afternoon...

4 comments:

Joanne said...

My poor baby but thank goodness you are pregnant!

Sarah said...

man that sucks, and um i guess is good.

Wendy said...

Lots of fun I'm sure. That would stink having to worry all the time about poison ivy. I have never had that wonderful experience. (knock on wood)

Pam said...

Jake's leg was swolling to 150% with pieces of his skin falling off and the whole thing oozing on a bad episode. We had to bring him to emergency because we waited so long. It can get out of control if you don't handle it well. Glad to hear that you were on top of it though.