Sunday, June 25, 2006

Not really a convenience

Today when I went grocery shopping on base, I parked in the pregnant spot. I figured I may as well use it before I'm not pregnant anymore. The thing is, the Commissary is set up like WinCo. You enter on one side, but exit on the other. So I was REALLY close to the entrance, but far from the exit. So I didn't really think it was that much of a benefit.

5 comments:

Pam said...

Wow, you got to park in one of those spots, you know, the ones you see from afar, think you've found a great space, get to it and realize you can't park there. Of course you've just past up another space that the person behind you is now pulling into while you're wishing for the first time ever that you were eight months pregnant so that you could park there.

Ok, so my story might be a bit overboard, but I've seen some really great expectant mother parking.

Anonymous said...

I think it's a trick to get pregnant people to walk farther ... aren't you people supposed to get more exercise?

A California Legislator introduced a bill to put these everywhere, but everyone told him what a complete idiot he was, so the bill died.

snotbottom said...

They need spots for "mother with child under 1", "mother with 2 children". And right next to a cart corrall so you can buckle and kid and put the cart away so you don't have to leave the car or haul the kid.

amberlee said...

how come they don't have those in California? At least I've never seen one.

Wendy said...

I don't usually see them except for where baby/maternity stores are. It is true that pregnant women are supposed to be walking more to get some exercise, unless they are on bed rest in which case they should not be out and about anyway. I agree, it would be better to have spots for moms with little kids.