Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Referral #1

Well, I had to refer my first student to the principal today. She was talking to this other student, and when I told her to work quietly, she blamed him. I reminded her that if she was facing forward and not talking, I would only hear him, and then he'd get in trouble. She promptly replied, "Shut up talking to me." I confirmed that she was, in fact, directing that comment to me, and then sent her packing. Sadly, that's only the first of two possible strikes. She's even a Greenacres student (although I don't know her)!

6 comments:

Pam said...

Yikes, what grade do you teach again?

Chris Steele said...

She's an 8th grader. For summer school I teach grades 6-8.

Joanne said...

Go get um Chris!

Wendy said...

Wow. I am surprised. I don't think my students would be brave enough to say that to me.

Chris Steele said...

The sad thing is, over the course of my 3 years here in Louisiana, that's one of the milder comments I've heard. I mean, it didn't even involve swearing.

The Kiesel's said...

I had my first swearing referral this year. Let's just say that students who want to fail don't like it when you say you believe in them.