
As part of my plan to change Emily's bedtime from midnight to, say, 9 or 10 pm, I thought we'd start getting up earlier. So this morning she woke up at 5:30 and ate, and at about 6:20 we left and took a walk. We just went down to the elementary school that's down the street from us and walked around the track, but it still felt good. As I was coming back to our corner, I ran into all of the moms & kids waiting for the bus (why they have a bus half a mile from the school is a whole other story), and I was chastised for taking her out when it was so hot. I had to point out that while it was 85 degrees, that was as cool as it would be all day, so I snatched my opportunity. Plus if she were to get cranky, I was close to home, as opposed to the gym, which I haven't ventured to yet.

4 comments:
people all around the world have their babies in 85 degree weather. all the other parents chastising are just paranoid. good for you getting exercise! :) seriously, you're ahead of me right now. i gotta get going.
85 degrees at 6:20 in the morning?! Wow!!
That is pretty hot for that early but seriously, it's not like she is going to melt. It is 85 degrees out. I just love people who mean well but think that they are the expert and should be able to tell other parents how everything should be done.
Good for you getting some exercise.
Post a Comment