Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Inservice

Yesterday I had to go to work and leave Emily at home. I'm definitely not ready to go back to work, so I'm really glad it's just this two inservice days that I have to attend. I didn't really freak out about leaving her, I just missed her all day, and it made the meetings seem even more unnecessary and boring and redundant. Oh, and the 3-hour motivational speaker--while hilarious at times--was not as motivating as my daughter. But I did get my back-to-school bonus check yesterday, and it clearly reflected my 10 sick days for the year. I wonder if I have to go today, since I've already received the perks...?

1 comment:

The Kiesel's said...

I totally understand. I have about 2 weeks left, and I am dreading it. This is the first year that I haven't spent August just thinking about school. It seems so small now in the grand scheme of things. Why deal with other people's kids, when I have Jack. Totally unmotivated to be back... Yet really excited to have an excuse to leave the house everyday.

DEZ