Saturday, August 12, 2006
I could never be a single mom
With the last of my visitors gone and my husband working 12-hour (14, really) shifts, I realize how important help is with a baby. It's not that it's unbearable or anything, there are just times when an extra set of hands is nice (like when you want to shower or make dinner or plan a lesson for the middle schoolers). And there's not really such a thing as a "quick" errand any more, because you have to pack up the munchkin, and you have to strategically plan it for a time when she is either happy or sleeping, which at this point isn't necessarily a consistent or predictable thing. So I basically don't know how single moms do it, I'm just extremely thankful that I'm not one of them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Single moms definitely have my admiration.
amen sista!!!
I have just been thinking the exact same thing in the last few days. I am so happy when Jeff comes home because I can get a few things done and a trip always has to be so planned down to the minute and yet you are correct it is unpredictable. You could end up in a bad situation where you have a very unhappy baby in the middle of your shopping trip and dang it you are not leaving till you do what you came to do since you are so close to getting it done. So to summarize. "Amen to what you said and halleluiah for husbands"
Post a Comment