Last weekend we did some cable upgrade thing that enables us to record TV shows on both of our TVs, and we can watch what we've recorded on either TV (before we could only record in the bedroom, and had to watch the recorded shows in the bedroom).
Reasons why I love this: I no longer have to wait for commercials to use the restroom/change the laundry/check on dinner. The machine "records" what you're currently watching, and you can pause and then catch up. This is especially handy when you want to fast forward through commercials. Sometimes I turn on the TV then wander around on purpose for 5 minutes so that I can then rewind & skip through commercials.
Another reason is that I can tape shows like the Emmys and fast-forward through not only commercials, but things like Barry Manilow's performance and boring acceptance speeches. I think I condensed the program down to about an hour.
Monday, August 28, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
It's about time you caught up with your folks!
That is awesome. We have DVR as well and I love it. I do the same thing with the wander around to get behind on purpose just to fast forward through comercials. I have also a lot of series recordings so I can choose later from shows I like what I want to watch. The only bad thing is that now I watch a lot more TV than I used to. Oh well.
Don't be dissing my Barry Manilow!! Curtis and Karen are fan-ilows too!!
Post a Comment