Tuesday, May 09, 2006
Sugar detox
So, I deciding (or maybe telling myself) that this whole diet thing isn't the end of the world. As far as meals are concerned, I am counting carbs, but I can still eat plenty. It's mainly the sugar & snacking that's hard. And really that was tough at our Bible study when they pulled out the dessert (brownies, ice cream, strawberries, chocolate sauce...). Oh, and for teacher appreciation week this week we get breakfast every day and lunch on three days, and it's hard to resist the doughnuts, cream cheese danishes, & desserts. But I was brave on Monday and had a whole wheat bagel & cream cheese. Let's hope it continues. Jon promises to bring me a huge blizzard after the baby is born. Oh, and I'm a bit concerned about my motivation: it is that I don't want to have a c-section because I have a 12-pound baby. But I don't want to have that immense disappointment that some women have if they do have a c-section. Hmmm...I'll have to work on my psychology a bit.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Eat strawberries, though! They're sweet & good for you. Also, I don't know what you can/can't have, but there are these icecream sandwiches called "Skinny Cow" and they're a pretty good alternative to the real thing. I eat whole wheat bagels and light cream cheese when I go to Noah's. It's not as good as my Asiago Bagel, but you can get used to whole wheat.
Yes, I know that I shouldn't feel disappointed if I end up with a c-section, but I think I will if it happens. Weird, before I didn't think I would care at all. I feel for you with the whole diet thing. Tough break.
Post a Comment