Sunday, May 07, 2006
Continuing education
I had a good talk with my friend the dietician the other night, and am much more educated on this whole diet/gestational diabetes thing (which I don't "officially" have). I felt better finding out that there wasn't anything I had done/didn't do--you know, it wasn't because I had been eating lots of sugar or anything. She said that for the vast majority of people it's genetic (which it's not for me), and then a small percent of people have had some disease or something that has affected their pancreas, and an even smaller percentage that just randomly has it (this would be me, I'm guessing). Oh, and this is of the non-overweight population. And talking with her I've discovered more & more what I can/can't eat, and how to eat it. So while sugar is still out, along with carb overload places like Olive Garden, I can still have two pieces of pizza for dinner. And Splenda is/will be my best friend.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment