Monday, May 29, 2006

Crawfish Boil 2006

Our church has an annual Crawfish Boil every May, and this was the first year that it was held at our church. We rented a HUGE tent, and had over 500 lbs. of crawfish, along with hamburgers & hot dogs.
There were three inflatables that involved water, this being the most popular.
There were three inflatables that did not involve water for the various age groups--Jon ran the joust, while I helped at one of the water inflatables.
It's an awesome evangelism tool, as most people welcome free food, free fun, and all of that good free stuff. There were snow cones, cotton candy, and even a fire truck that came and sprayed the kids. All in all, it was a great day, and Jon and I came away with only slight sunburns.

5 comments:

Wendy said...

How fun. Too bad you probably didn't get to try much. I was thinking that this year when I chaperone our Great America trip I will have to sit out of the roller coasters. : (

Anonymous said...

So I want to know how many crawfish you ate!?

Joanne said...

L U C K Y fun times!

Chris Steele said...

I confess, this year I didn't eat any crawfish. They're so much work for a tiny little bite... And you're right, Wendy, I didn't get to play as much as I would've liked. Our Six Flags trip this year is planned for the beginning of August, when my sister & Grandma will be here to keep me company while Jon takes them. Talk about bad timing!

Pam said...

Looks like a lot of fun.