I kind of got suckered into helping my principal with some interviews yesterday. At least that's how I feel--I must've been one of the first fools to say "yes". We conducting second interviews for the 7th grade English/Reading position, and the teachers on the panel were myself (6th grade), a 7th grade math teacher, and an 8th grade science teacher. Interesting choices--they must have been suckered in, also. I could kind of understand the 7th grade teacher, since this new teacher will be on the same hall, and I know I was filling the "same subject" requrement, but I'm still thrown by the science teacher.
Anyway, we interviewed four candidates, and it was very interesting. I've never been on the interviewer end of things. It kind of makes me wonder how I got my first job out of college--my answers must have been laughable. But newbies do have an unrivaled enthusiasm, and great ideas. Anyway, the competition was fierce, but we ranked them. Oh, and instead of being from 3:30-4:30 like my principal originally said, it lasted until 5:20, and I had to speed to Sylvan and then go directly to youth group. Not exactly how I'd planned my afternoon (our inservice day ended at 2:30), but oh well. On a side note, one of the applicants was a man, and I don't really care about all of the laws & things, we REALLY need some male teachers at our school (besides the coaches), and that gave him huge bonus points.
Thursday, May 25, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I got suckered into sitting in on interviews for tomorrow after school. At least I am interviewing science teachers. I don't think I would do it if it was for another subject. I think having a science teacher interview an English teacher or vise versa (spelling?) is kind of weird.
I wasn't even given an end time. We'll see how late I am there until on my Friday afternoon... or evening.
Post a Comment