Saturday, May 06, 2006
Medieval Times
Yesterday was the annual 6th grade field trip to Medieval Times in Dallas. It's one of those things that the students LOVE, but that the teachers could do without. We met at school at 5:45am, boarded our charter busses, and we out of the school parking lot by 6. Sadly, this year our bus only had a VCR, so my 10ish DVDs went unwatched, and we had to resort to some pretty sketchy VHS tapes that I'd brought just in case. We arrived in Dallas around 9:30, and the kids spent way too much money in the gift shop for an hour and a half. Sidenote: Will I really give my kid $10 for a virgin margarita or wooden sword? Many kids spent $30ish or more... Anyway, the show was fine, the kids loved it. We hit some lovely traffic/construction on the way home which delayed us nearly an hour. So I pulled into my driveway at about 5:30. Sadly, my cute husband wasn't home yet--he makes it so hard to get sympathy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Yuck. Although....Wooden sword + $10 virgin Margarhita = priceless.
So I just had a dream last night that you had the baby only she was a he and he was black (don't worry Jon was too). I was really glad that I hadn't bought any clothes for him yet, otherwise they may have been pink and that would be embarassing.
how much did they charge the kids? Here Bethany had to pay a lot and only got a chicken leg, a bottle of water and one other food item! Did you get the same or more food.
That is a very long field trip. Every year field trips seem to get longer as I see 2:05 pm come and go and think, "wow I could have been done right now but I am still hanging out with junior high kids."
Post a Comment