I have loved this week. Partly because of the free time I've had to clean, shop, run errands, work out, and spend time with friends. But also because of Jon's schedule. Tuesday through today he's had separation briefings (preparing him to enter the "real world"), which don't start until 8am. And, they're not back in the area where he works, so he doesn't have to go through 45 minutes of security--he can actually leave here at 7:40 and make it there on time/early. PLUS, he gets these hour or so lunch breaks. So we've been sleeping in until 6:45 (we usually get up at 5), and yesterday and today we've gone out to lunch (well, lunch today is still in the future, but it's in our plans). Granted, I know that real life couldn't be like this--we couldn't afford lunch out every day--but for three days, it's great.
Also, we've booked a room at a B & B for this weekend so that we can have our "what do we want to do when we grow up" talk. You know, post-AF, where will Jon work, do we want to move back to the west coast, etc. Big kid stuff. I'm mostly excited about the whirlpool tub.
Thursday, April 06, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
West coast sounds good
i'm with you, joanne
I can't wait until my spring break. It will be so nice.
Post a Comment