Saturday, April 01, 2006

Anti-Target

Yes, I never thought I'd say this, but I'm very nearly anti-Target. My former favorite store. But they've disappointed me one too many times, I think. You see, we've gone to register three times, and each time they've been out of their little scanner guns. Apparently they only have two. Last time I spoke to a manager, by chance, asking him when the best time to come would be (we'd been on two Tuesdays and a Saturday), seeing as we were making the 25-minute trip specifically for that purpose. He told me that next time I should call and see if there was a gun available, and if there was, I could tell them that he said it was okay for them to hold it for me. So today I did just that. And when we showed up--you guessed it, no gun. I was beyond frustrated. We looked at some other stuff for 15-20 mintues, hoping one would turn up, but no luck. So Jon went to wait in the car, and I asked for a manager to share my frustration (I was very rational, I'll have you know). She explained that they normally have 6 scanners, but 4 were in the shop (that's great, but that doesn't explain why someone gave away my reserved scanner), and blah blah blah. Then she managed to dig up a "spare" in the office after 20 minutes of searching. By then all of the glee an excitement was gone, and I quickly scanned some items in about 15 minutes and met Jon in the car. I'm mad because they stole my magical experience.

5 comments:

Joanne said...

I'm so sorry, so I won't get anything for the baby there. It was to be a fun time. That sucks

Joanne said...

Hey I was going to boycott Target for you but... I checked out your list and there is some fantastic stuff. Sorry your fun was ruined. I would go back during spring break and see if you can get the scanner. I loved those chalk bins I hope someone gets those for you :)

Sarah said...

yeah, target and registries didn't mesh too well for me either. and i hate to tell you this, but they suck with the returns, which are inevitable. babies r us on the other hand is much more reasonable.

Wendy said...

I had a bad experience with the Target next to me last week. I went in to look for maternity clothes and after 5-10 min wandering around under the big MATERNITY sign, I finally asked someone if I was stupid or if they actually had NO maternity clothes. "Oh" she says, " They moved the section, but left the sign over there." So I go over to the section and I am already a little miffed. The selection was horrible so in disgust I walked out and when I got home I ordered $150 in clothes from Old Navy on line. I usually LOVE Target as well. Hmmm.... interesting.

Aaron Geist said...

That's pretty frustrating! Arrgghh! Target has the best scan guns too.