I commissioned a friend of mine at church to make a blanket for my friend Dez's little boy. His name is Jack Edward. Oops. So now it's a tribute to the South in more ways than one--monogramming and, well, spelling, I guess.
Hmmm.... "James and Jill went up the hill to fetch a pail of water".... "James be nimble, James be quick, James jump over the candle stick"....."James and the bean stalk"...."James O' lantern".... it's just not the same.
I agree. Although I emailed Dez about it, and thankfully she thought it was pretty funny, too. They didn't find out ahead of time what they were having, so it's taken a little while for them to get used to his name (she admitted to calling him "Zack" for a while, as well as calling him a "she" sometimes). Poor guy.
2 comments:
Hmmm.... "James and Jill went up the hill to fetch a pail of water".... "James be nimble, James be quick, James jump over the candle stick"....."James and the bean stalk"...."James O' lantern".... it's just not the same.
I agree. Although I emailed Dez about it, and thankfully she thought it was pretty funny, too. They didn't find out ahead of time what they were having, so it's taken a little while for them to get used to his name (she admitted to calling him "Zack" for a while, as well as calling him a "she" sometimes). Poor guy.
Post a Comment