Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Birth control

My friend and I went shopping together today, along with her two kids--2 1/2 and 6 mo. Let's just say it was interesting. It's a lot different than going by yourself, or even with another friend. The baby was fine--granted, he's a very content and good baby. The two-year-old proved to be much more than a challenge, and I'm sure he was pulling out all of the stops since I was there. Nevertheless, we survived Sam's, Target, and a quick exchange at Wal-Mart. Again, these three stores would've taken the two of us about 1-2 hours on our own (depending on how long we lingered in Target), and the whole excursion, including lunch, took about 4 hours. It was fun nonetheless, and I had a good day.

3 comments:

snotbottom said...

I hung out with friends while their baby was teething... kept us from birthing a kid for a couple years.

Jessica said...

i guess this is the one thing that keeps having kids in perspective for me! it's definitely not easy (so i've observed!)

muzik said...

Yeah that is good birth control. My wife & I have no kids yet however a bunch of our friends do. It makes for an interesting time. I can't imagine being in their small group with them having a bunch of 1+yrs olds running around. I was real happy when I found out that our church budgets for babysitters for small groups.