Friday, April 28, 2006

Pincushion

Poop. I failed my glucose test (by a mere 11 points). Now I have to use one of my precious sick days on Tuesday. I have to fast after midnight, get my blood drawn at 9am, drink another drink, and then get my blood drawn at 10, 11, and 12. It's funny, because my main concern is not the needles--it's the starving. The same people who are telling me that I can't eat for 12 hours must be the same people who make the Motherhood maternity clothes that you can't put in the dryer. Who does these things to pregnant people?

7 comments:

Joanne said...

MEN

Sarah said...

did you eat anything before the first test?

Chris Steele said...

No, I hadn't eaten since lunch, which is at 10:40ish at my school. Maybe that was the problem...?

Sarah said...

one of my friends had to take the second test when she forgot to fast and ate a candy bar right before the appointment. :)

Aaron Geist said...

good fun :)

Wendy said...

How do you fail a glucose test???

Chris Steele said...

My blood sugar was too high after the hour passed, meaning my body didn't process it quickly enough.