Monday, June 23, 2008

Picking strawberries with the Budds

Sarah invited us to go strawberry picking at a farm that is actually really close to us. It was my first experience, and I loved it. I mean, when I pick them, they're all good (theoretically), and I can get as much as I want. It was only $1 something per pound, so we got a pretty good deal. Plus in a few weeks they have boysenberries, raspberries, and blackberries. I can't wait to go back!!

Okay, so this really was full when we came home. It cost my mom a whopping $2 and some change for roughly a gallon of strawberries.
Oregon strawberries are funny-looking, but delicious.
So since I don't have pectin to make freezer jam, shortcake was the next best thing.
Mom also bought us some local honey--always good for fighting allergies.
Emily got tired of picking strawberries pretty quickly, and got my dad to take her back to the goats.
There were two goats, a rooster, and a hen. Not quite a petting zoo, but Emily's first goat experience.

Feeding the goats a little grass...
Emily was particularly excited to hold Ellen's hand.
Sneaking a strawberry...

8 comments:

Joanne said...

I'm glad we now have doucmentation that I have got something for Jon! :) I had a blast, thanks for taking us.

Sarah said...

dude my eight pounds are just about used up! i'm going to try another farm in a coupla days

Sarah said...

oh and i stopped by winco this afternoon for some pectin and it was like a buck-fifty or something.

Wendy said...

way cool. so jealous.

Anonymous said...

Looks life fun. Austin went to pick blueberries with some friends and had a blast. I would prefer strawberries any day.

Larisa said...

So honey is good for allergies? I have some on the list since Karen likes it, but if it's good for her too, then double yay!

See you soon!

Anonymous said...

ok can we revisit my question of long sleeves in June on day and swimmin another???

Anonymous said...

So it looks like ANOTHER reason why we left too early---strawberry shortcake.