Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Exploring our new hometown

We had the best time walking around town today. It's pretty stinking awesome that we basically WALKED across town. I mean, the Target & Costco are a couple of miles north, but this is essentially "downtown". I LOVE it. We are close to two amazing parks, the library, restaurants, grocery stores, Starbucks... and there are sidewalks and paths throughout. As long as the weather stays nice, I plan on walking!

This is the first (and smaller) park that we visited.
That's our apartment complex you can see through the trees--we are REALLY close.

The small park has this neat water "feature". It's a series of waterfalls that intimidated me at first--but then I realized the current wasn't really that much of a current.

The second park had fountains where the water level kept rising and falling. Emily was more reluctant to play in this, but still had lots of fun & soaked both of us. They had a much cooler play area, but at that point she was shivering so we opted to head home for warm towels out of the dryer.


Some videos:

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks and sounds AWESOME!! I would love to be able to walk to all of those places, but we have to drive for 1 hour!! Maybe next time ?!

Anonymous said...

umm can u explain the long sleeves in June?? what a nice place

The Watsons said...

I'm so jealous of the obviously cooler temps. South Texas is miserable! 99 degrees here today, but that's not the hottest it's been this year. Yuck!

I LOVE a place where you can walk everywhere. If all American cities were designed that way, we wouldn't have sky-high gas prices. I'm telling you, those Europeans have it figured out!

Glad you are enjoying your "new" home.

Anonymous said...

It looks like Emily is having a blast!! I'm glad you guys are happy!!

Wendy said...

Wow, those parks look awesome. Looks like you will be having lots of fun. I love water parks.