I woke up Saturday morning just after 6am with a pretty strong contraction, and they came every 10 minutes. I got up with Jon & Emily just before 8, thinking they'd go away if I got up. I got ready, fixed my hair, and decided to throw things into a bag while I waited for them to get "consistent," like the books say. So, you know, while I'm straightening my hair and have to hunch over the sink, I'm thinking "These are too sporadic--they're supposed to be every 5 minutes, not 6 then 8 then 5 then 4..." Around 9 we headed to the hospital, and around 9:30 when I was being hooked up to monitors and asked questions the nurse finally checked me and I was 8 cm...definitely labor. I'm pretty sure my first words after that were, "Can I have an epidural?" So they started IVs and everything and I got my lovely pain relief. Ellen came after only four or five pushes at 11am. It was almost too easy...
Monday, April 07, 2008
The Story
I woke up Saturday morning just after 6am with a pretty strong contraction, and they came every 10 minutes. I got up with Jon & Emily just before 8, thinking they'd go away if I got up. I got ready, fixed my hair, and decided to throw things into a bag while I waited for them to get "consistent," like the books say. So, you know, while I'm straightening my hair and have to hunch over the sink, I'm thinking "These are too sporadic--they're supposed to be every 5 minutes, not 6 then 8 then 5 then 4..." Around 9 we headed to the hospital, and around 9:30 when I was being hooked up to monitors and asked questions the nurse finally checked me and I was 8 cm...definitely labor. I'm pretty sure my first words after that were, "Can I have an epidural?" So they started IVs and everything and I got my lovely pain relief. Ellen came after only four or five pushes at 11am. It was almost too easy...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Wow, that does sound really easy but easier for me to say. I hope mine goes just as smoothly. You did a great job!!
What a great experience. You rock, Mama Chris!! Congrats again.
Wow you do look really good! I love that your hair is perfect....you could like go out after popping her out!
Yeah!! You look amazing to have just given birth!!
And what a trooper...8cm!! You go girl!! :)
Chris, congrats! She's beautiful!!! Our babies were almost exactly the same size!
straightening your hair! lol! you look great! can't get much better than that, eh. those first few screaming moments are priceless.
Yeah! Wow. I love the story behind the birth. Too easy... if only I could be so lucky on #2 some day. She is beautiful.
Post a Comment