I've just been catching up on my friends' blogs, and am kind of bummed that I don't really have anything to post. It's been a rather uneventful week. Progress reports went home on Thursday, which is always stressful, but so far I've only had one parent phone call. This usually means that Sylvan is about to pick up, so I'm trying to prepare myself for more hours there. I saw a guy looking at the Beemer on base, but he hasn't called, so we'll see. We're kind of hoping that someone in the weekend base-visiting crowd will see it & buy it. I do kind of feel like I'm selling a dog that bites, though--it really should just be put down. But hey, maybe we've fixed everything and the next person won't have any problems. Hopefully.
We had dinner at a friend's house last night, and are having some other friends over tonight. So I guess lately I've been really thankful for friends. I look back at our first 6 months-a year here and wonder how we managed with no friends. Then again, it was our first married year, and we liked to just see each other, so we were okay. Small groups are starting in the next week or two at church, and I always look forward to starting new ones. We're in a group on Sunday nights called "Marriage Matters," and it's actually a long-term group that will go for 18 months rather than the usual 6. Jon's in a men's group on Thurday nights, and I'm in two once a month groups for Bunko and Rag-Quilt making. Mostly I'm going for the fellowship :).
Saturday, September 10, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hey Chris, I have enjoyed reading your blog, even when you don't have "anything to post."
Well I now have a blog so you now have one more friend's blog to read!
Our students have given about $165 to send your way as your church ministers to those in need. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to partner with you!
Post a Comment