Thursday, March 02, 2006

Shopping

Shopping while pregnant is MUCH different than shopping while not pregnant. By now I have somehow trained myself not to look in any of the regular stores. It actually didn't really take "training" per se...you can only look at an outfit so many times and hear your inner monologue say, "That would look cute...next year." I am now able to visit the mall in record time. Not that I was normally a mall junkie or anything (far from it), but when I was going to get some khakis at Motherhood today, I walked by some pretty amazing sales without actually noticing or remembering what it was that was on sale. Lots of red signs and posters with a high % off on them. And yet I head to the store that does not seem to have sales. At least not on things you can buy to benefit you--what good will long-sleeved shirts do me now? With kids you can buy in advance because you know they'll be able to wear it. Sure, sometime I'm sure I'll be wearing winter maternity clothes. But right now as July in the South approaches, I'm looking at tank tops and shorts. And a pool.

My spoiled kid, by the way, got another outfit ($2.50 at Dillard's).

2 comments:

Sarah said...

yeah and pretty soon you're going to start buying things in anticipation of being able to fit into them and just stare at them untilits possible to wear normal clothes again. :)

Wendy said...

Yeah, I am almost to that point as well. I still find myself walking over to check out something cute and then all of the sudden I will remember that I won't be able to wear it anytime soon and I walk away. But those are getting fewer and farther between.