Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Almost there

Well, I've survived 3 of 5 testing days. So far my kids have actually been better this year than they were last year. Of course, I could attribute that to my phenomenal planning, but somehow I doubt I'll fool any of you. Anyway, only two more, then a week of school, and then spring break!!!! Do you see now why I teach--how many other jobs give you spring break?

And in response to Wendy's comment on a previous post, I do wish that testing were later in the year, because so many of them feel like the school year is over after testing and quit trying. We do get out earlier than California (May 24), but still, I feel like we could push it back to at least April. I'm sure there's some logical tie to the LEAP tests and summer remediation...then again, maybe not. This is Louisiana. We don't use the word "logical" here much.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Hmmm.... we don't start testing until May.