Thursday, March 23, 2006

5 months or 6 months?

So I'm looking for some suggestions. As you may or may not know, pregnancies last 40 weeks. However, everyone knows the 9 months thing. If you were to actually do the math, 40 weeks=10 months. Anyway, as I approach 24 weeks this weekend, I'm wondering when I change from dividing my weeks by 4 (thus making me 6 months), to counting down to July (it's just under 4 months until July 18, making me just over 5 months). One friend went by her weeks the entire pregnancy, and told people she was 9 months for two months. I'm just not sure when to transition.

6 comments:

Cindy Fleischhauer said...

do it now! do it now! ok ok I have no advice as I have no idea...I just wanted to leave a comment. Just make sure you get that little girl out on time...I want her at a good age when I meet her.

Joanne said...

Do it now. I never counted weeks. I would go for whatever sounds further along!!!

Sarah said...

i think i went months up until week 36ish at which point i said i'm due next month or whatever. i vote for whichever one gets you more sympathy in the moment.

Anonymous said...

Tell everyone you are 3 months along and just started to show, keep this answer for at least 2 more months.

Jessica said...

um...not sure. however, you can always go along with what people guess. like, "oh my gosh! let me guess--you're what? 5 months along?" then you can say, "yes! you're amazing! so many people are terrible at guessing, but YOU. . . well, you must have a real talent . . " My theory: buttering people up will help you when you start having showers. (let me know if it works.)

snotbottom said...

I always did weeks only, then said "X# of months to go". No one counts weeks but other mommies.