Things are a lot worse off than my sub ever led me to believe. They’re about a week and a half behind in Reading, and three days behind in English. The English isn’t so bad, and it’s easier to catch up in. But the Reading is something that I’m super-accountable for in my district and even the state. I REALLY need to be on schedule with that, and there’s not really much that I can cut out—we really have to follow the state-assigned curriculum. Anyway, I meant to just go organize my room and get my bearings, but rather than that only taking 30 minutes, it took two hours, and I’m still not done sorting things out. Oh, and I found a stack of tests that should have been given the second week of school, and there are way too many for them to have actually been assigned. I mean, there should’ve been 15 extras (maybe), but the stack looked like only 15 were used. Argh. I don’t know whether it bothers me more that they’re behind, or that she didn’t tell me how far behind they were. There were smaller cuts I could’ve made along the way rather than trying to rush through the next assignments to catch up.
Nuts.
Monday, September 04, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
That's so annoying
Super frustrating!
that sucks. when do you go back anyway?
That is aweful. I am lucky that I teach science. We don't have the same standards as math or language arts teachers. I hope stuff works out. They have to give you a little understanding. You had a baby and had a sub.
that stinks!
Post a Comment