Saturday, September 16, 2006

Latest "here's your sign" moment

On Fridays my class has to write five sentences to the journal prompt of my choice. I decided that this year I'd try to tie in other subjects so that they were learning more than how to write a complete sentence. Yesterday's prompt was, "If I could go anywhere in Louisiana, I'd visit..." and they had to tell me where & why. It was fine until my last block, where a boy raised his hand and said, "I'd go to Dallas to a Cowboys game." I explained that Dallas was in Texas, but that would be a fun place to visit. The VERY NEXT STUDENT said, "I'd go shopping with my mom and sister in San Antonio." Argh. We're just adding to the list of things to teach Emily before she reaches the sixth grade (this follows closely behind "how to write your address on an envelope").

No comments: