Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Pediatrician visit

We had a checkup at the pediatrician today--just the basics & a weight check. She's back up to her birth weight, which is apparently good. Everything else seemed great.
I had some insurance frustration, though...we're allowed to go to off-base doctors for the first 60 days, and I was glad because I have a great pediatrician to go to. He wanted us to see an ENT to follow up on Emily's nose; the one he recommended didn't take Tricare, so he suggested another. That doctor requires a referral from Tricare (like I do). But in order to get that referral, we have to enroll her in Tricare and go to the base doctors (argh). Ah, Air Force. Oh well, I suppose it'll all work out.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

frustrating

Pam said...

What's wrong with her nose?

Chris Steele said...

Since she was born face-up (ouch), her nose was kind of smooshed, and now it's crooked. Granted, it's straightened out a lot, and the concensus is that it'll probably continue to do so, but they just want to check that everything is okay in there.

Pam said...

When my nephew was born his nose was REALLY smooshed and his straighted out pretty quickly. How strange that the only two babies I've heard this much detail about had the same nose issue.