Friday, August 29, 2008
School
For those of you who are interested, I had a GREAT week of in-services/work days at school this week. And how often do you say that? Tuesday and half of Wednesday were in-service days at my school, and the rest of Wednesday & Thursday were days for planning and working in our rooms. I have an unusual schedule that I think I'll love--I teach middle school students (2 are currently enrolled) from 9-12:15. From 1-2:30 I teach high schoolers. The high school students come from 8-11:00 or 11:30-2:30 Tuesday through Thursday, and we have them on an A/B block schedule...meaning they go to Period 1 & 2 on Tuesday & Thursday, and Period 3 & 4 on Wednesday & Friday. Sorry if that's confusing...what it means is that I get to teach two high school classes. One will be Read 180, and I decided to teach PE for the other, so I'll get paid to go walking with teenagers twice a week. I love, love, love the freedoms of this school, and how wonderfully tight the faculty seems to be. There are nine of us on staff (including the aide & secretary), and having two new teachers is basically unprecedented--we're the first newbies in about four years. Which I think says a lot about the way it all works over there. Hooray!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Wow, that sounds like a really cool school situation. I don't think I have ever heard of a school like that. Way different then your last school I would think. Keep us posted.
I think I forgot to mention that it's an alternative school! Oops.
oh cool! i was wondering how your first week was.
SOUNDS FUN- alternative meaning they got kick out regular school?
Post a Comment