Friday, May 16, 2008

Poop

The last few days Emily has come in at 7:30 (when she usually gets up) and either laid down by my bed or climbed in and snuggled with me. This morning I had changed her diaper around 7, and put her back in her bed...at 7:30 she showed up at our bed again, so I scooted over for the usual routine. Jon headed out to get ready, and I closed my eyes in hopes of some more dozing. I did notice that Emily had taken her diaper off, but I wasn't really concerned as it had just been changed. She left the bed for the floor, and I didn't think much of it--I thought maybe she's go find Jon or play or lay down. Then I heard it. "Poop. Poop, Mama." The child, bless her heart (yes, I have my Southern-isms), was pooping on the floor! Jon said that since we got rid of the labs who would occasionally poop on the floor, Emily decided she needed to step up and fill that void. Super.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My dear!! You are very lucky that she didn't paint something with the poop. It usually happens at least once in your life as a mother. Charlotte Boquist

KeriAnn said...

Just this morning I had poop smeared on the toilet seat and puddles (yes, plural, puddlES) of pee in the bathroom.