Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Sickie

Yesterday Emily came home from school at about noon with a fever. Luckily, she already had an appointment scheduled for the 6-month shots that she didn't get on base (since they were out). So we went for the fever instead. Coolest thing ever--they did a finger stick, and were able to do blood tests right in the office! And Emily didn't even flinch or cry or anything when they were getting her blood--and she was thrilled with her Daffy bandaid on her thumb afterward (very entertaining). Her white count was right at the top of normal, so we're on some Amoixicillin, but no earaches or anything. She's still running a fever this morning, so I got a sub for today. The best part ever--the doctor's office called this morning to check and make sure she was doing okay!!!!! They said that if she gets worse and needs to come back in, they have a spot for her! I wanted to go hug them. Anyway, she's been fussy and sleeping a lot, so hopefully she's getting better.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

I am not looking forward to Micah getting sick for the first time. Yuck. I hope she is all better soon