Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Oh dear

It's happening.

In class my students were writing in their journal to the prompt, "For Valentine's Day, I wish I could..." Most of them wanted to skip school and go shopping or play video games. Then one of my students asked me what I wanted. And before I could stop myself, out it came. "I'd love for someone to come over and clean my house and cook for me and then do all of the dishes." For a minute I couldn't believe that was actually escaping my lips. I guess you really do become your mother/grandmother/female person older than you. I guess I just thought I'd be a little older when it hit.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

that's sounds incredibly romantic to me.

Aaron Geist said...

That's alright, my first married valentines day was spent doing homework and taxes, while Alison studied for 2 tests!

snotbottom said...

I would love someone to come clean for me too!! It's hard to keep up with 5 kids, 2 in diapers, and cheerios all over the floor!

We did have a lovely VDay. A romantic dinner for 6 (baby Sydney was napping). Lasagna, bread, salad, sparkling juice, wine glasses, candles, flowers... and cream puffs for dessert. We even "dressed for dinner". I then had help with the dishes. Ahh... romance is in the air!