


See, now you are jealous that you don't live in Louisiana! The shuttle is stopping here until the weather clears up in Florida. Let me tell you, it's AWESOME. I still can't believe I was looking at something firsthand that was just in space. Weird. Some facts to share--that thing on the back of the space shuttle weighs some obscene amount like 20,000 pounds, and is put on to make it more aerodynamic when it has to fly on top of the 747. Also, it can only fly at 1500 feet at 300 mph. Poor pilots, going so slowly. Those things sticking out of the tail are for balancing. It's kind of nuts how big it is when you compare it to the 747--somehow I thought it was smaller.

2 comments:
Great shots! I woke up this morning and heard on the news the shuttle was in Barksdale....I've been waiting for pix all day. Thanks for not disappointing. Go for the job. Yeah!!!
wow...i actually thought it would be bigger for some reason. i guess i don't really know how big a 747 is. that's pretty sweet.
Post a Comment