Friday, August 05, 2005

Our car


So, we have a problem with our car. When we bought it back in May, it came with two alarm remotes--one was the old stock one, and the other was one that presumably the last owner had installed. Neither of them worked, really, so we hadn't used them. When we took the car to the shop a week and a half ago, the battery had died while they were working on it, and it had to be jumped. Well, that must have caused a short or something in one of the alarm systems, because it was making this constant clicking sound, almost like you'd left you blinker on, only of course, not in time with out blinker. Yesterday I took it in to this alarm/stereo/tinting place that we've used before to have them just take all of the old alarm wires out, since none of them worked. Eventually I can get a new one so that I'll have keyless entry (spoiled). Anyway, when I'm explaining that to the guy and he asks about the remotes, I press the buttons to show him that they don't work. He goes out to move it around back while I go sit in the waiting room. He comes back in after a couple of minutes and asks if there's a trick to starting the car. Somehow, some way we have enabled a kill switch, and the car won't start. And yes, this morning, it's still there, not starting. Right now we're all trying to contact the various alarm companies (there was a third system in there, who knows what from/for) to figure out how on earth to disable the kill switch. Argh.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

what the heck?!? that's craziness.

Anonymous said...

any updates on the car?

Anonymous said...

isn't technology great.... if that does not give you gray hair.