Saturday, May 30, 2009

Champoeg State Park

On Thursday we headed out to Champoeg state park, which is ONLY about 20 minutes away (!!). We got Subway sandwiches (sing along--"Five dollar footlong!"), and chips & drinks from Target (cheaper). We had a little picnic dinner and talked about making this a regular thing.





After dinner we headed on an exploring hike...





Em and I checked out the water, and whispered so that we wouldn't disturb the fish. I think that's been ingrained in me since birth--"Don't scare the fish!"


Rabbit:



Emily preferred to run through the fields, while the rest of us used the path.


She may have stumbled once or twice.



More awesome wildlife...


When we were done with the 2-mile-ish hike, we came back to the tables and had Oreos. It was Ellen's first Oreo experience. Emily, however, is a pro, and tried to get away with only eating the cream and handing me the licked cookies.
I don't think so.



1 comment:

Joanne said...

How fun :)