Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Tornados

We had tornados all around us today, but we're okay. At school we got to sit in the hall in the duck-and-cover position for more than half an hour. Actually, after about 10 minutes we let the kids turn around and put their backs against the wall--their knees and legs were hurting. I think that three tornados touched down, but there may have been more. None left any significant damage. After school Emily and I did hang out in the bathtub for about 10 minutes because there was a "storm that could produce tornados" going right through our neighborhood (they actually named our neighborhood on the news). I'm not sure if I like tornados or earthquakes better...at least with earthquakes there's no anticipation and buildup.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Wow, scary stuff. True about the build-up. No warning on an earthquake. So for a tornado the rules are different? You go to the bathtub rather than a doorway?