One of Emily's teachers who has known her since day one shared some stories with me. I think we're in big trouble...
*Emily controls the room. If she wants a toy, she somehow gets it, even though she doesn't crawl yet. They spread all of the toys out around the room in the morning, and when they look around later, she has them all. She also yells instructions at everyone (bossy!).
*When the teachers walk by Emily, they must acknowledge her; if they don't, she'll yell at them until they do.
*If she's crying because she wants to be picked up, and they can't get to her right away, when they do pick her up she goes limp, almost with an attitude of "well I don't want to be picked up now."
*A little girl crawled up to Emily and took her toy. Emily hit her, the little girl dropped it, and Em picked it back up. (I'm not so sure Emily knows how to hit at 8 months...I think she may have been trying to get it back, or flailing her arms in protest. Hopefully.).
*While they were encouraging her to crawl, they put her pacifier out of reach. She reached and reached for it, then looked at them, turned, and picked up another toy, as if to say, "I didn't want that anyway."
*And finally, a sweet story (thus giving hope): Em and a little boy were playing with a xylophone, and she would bang on it a few times, then hand him the stick & he'd bang on it, then he'd pass it back and she'd play for a little while...so she can be nice & share. Maybe there is a glimmer of good in the girl.
Thursday, March 08, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
That's nothing. Jack has realized that if he doesn't get his way he can hit (and I too don't know where he picked it up from), or head butt you. If that doesn't work, he drops to his knees and bangs his head on the ground, or bites his hand. The boy is manipulative.
BOTH David Copperfield and David Blane as young children were able to move items without touching them. Have the day care worker test Emily for other tricks young magicians use.
Ask if they believe everything in the Harry Potter books!
Dad
LOL at your Dad!! Curtis is now a biter. Not fun. But he's as much fun as Emily is.
Regarding the xylophone story...never underestimate the power of music;-)
Too funny. I think you have your hands full with this one!
LOL! Em's a kick! Definitely textbook "oldest child."
ha ha. I love your dad's comment. I laughed hard. Very cute. Em sounds like she is a control-freak, eh? :) Love & miss you guys!
ha ha. I love your dad's comment. I laughed hard. Very cute. Em sounds like she is a control-freak, eh? :) Love & miss you guys!
Post a Comment