In mid-May, I started running. I have some weight goals, and I have some "permanent body after babies" goals. The first time I went running, I decided I would just go for 20 minutes. While I was getting changed, Abby & Ellen got it in their heads that they would join me. Jon pulled the stroller out, thinking that would be easier than having them actually attempt running. Sadly, it had two flat tires. After looking for several minutes for the pump, I decided to just push it with flat tires.
My children have different responses while I run.
Ellen is the personal trainer (Jillian Michaels): Go, Mom! Go faster! Are you running? Use your muscles! Make them stronger!
Abby is the encourager: You're doing it! Good job, Mom! You're running! Yaaaaaay!
Little girl on the street: What are you doing? Me: Trying to run. Girl: You can't? Me: Not very well.
Emily, after I walked into the house all sweaty: What happened to you?
I've been running for close to two months now, and am thankfully much better. I have also switched to running in the mornings before the girls are up, and thus avoid having to push them around. One Saturday, though, they really, REALLY wanted to come with me, so after I finished my run, I took them on a little 1/4-mile cool down loop. Abby was the most focused, and insisted on wearing her running shoes that are like mine. The older two were in dresses...



No comments:
Post a Comment